Sunday, September 21, 2008

Photos of My Neighborhood * In South Philly

Today, was too nice of a day to sit inside at the computer to write. I went out early, ran some errands, and had tacos for lunch. I came home. I took a nap. I got up to take a walk with camera in hand and took photos of my neighborhood for those of you, who read this blog and are not familiar with what South Philly looks like.

My Block







Two rehabbed houses on Jessup Street, the street behind mine.



This is what typical alleyway looks like... gate and all



East Passyunk Avenue runs at a diagonal
through my neighborhood.
It has cute shops and restaurants.






































Living in Philadelphia, you sometimes forget,
there are murals everywhere























10xx Cross Street
, runs between 10th and East Passyunk
A normal block with three huge houses added in recent years















My New Friend, Steve






Lady taking her bird out for an airing on 10th Street







Wall by Isaiah Zagar





Just thought the garden looked pretty - right off Tenth Street



Annunciation Parrish



Gino's Steaks and Pat's Steaks sit at the end of the market
People call it the Italian Market or Ninth Street
This is just the South of Washington Avenue. There are actually more stores and stalls on the North side
But I was there too late for it to be open
This is where you saw Rocky Balboa run










Center City from South Philly



Geno's and Pat's Steak sit across the Street from each other

Geno's Steaks



Cheese Fry and Drink Window



Steak Window





Pat's Steaks









My New Friends from NYC I met at Pat's Steaks
... but I think they ate at Geno's











Building on East Passyunk



Sign on East Passyunk for Karate School



St Pio Festival was today at Annunciation Parrish



Elvis and his fans






I wished this photo came out better .. they all looked so thrilled





Food!



This man was as impressed by me as he was by Elvis



PARKING SIGNS - Parking is at a minimum in South Philly




Italian Gear



The Food





Face Painting



Pop the Balloon ... a lot of work for what?



The Rides







Mom and Dad watching their son



Isaiah Zagar's Studio (I think) * 10th & Watkins

http://www.isaiahzagar.org/

















Studio at 10th and Watkins * Next to Convent







Mummers .. Viking Club House ... Fancy Brigade

PARADE: VIDEO: String Bands Link

SERENADE FOR VIKINGS: VIDEO: Link



Different Fronts in the Neighborhood





My Block at Sunset



House with the nicest flowers .... always



My Neighbor ... selling me Cherries



No comments:

Post a Comment