Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Driving and Walking

I have been wanting to write something on this subject since sometime last week. I know it is in no way related to my self named topics here in this blog, but feel I need a little bit of a rant!

PEOPLE WHAT ARE YOU THINKING AND DOING?!?!?!?!?

How much of a hurry are you in? How distracted are you? REALLY!!!!

This past week, I was almost hit straight on, as a pedestrian, in a relatively empty parking lot. I was walking through the lot, when a woman made a sharp turn in my direction and never looked straight ahead at me. I was really surprised. I saw her, but did not expect her to make that turn into the parking spots like that. She was looking at the stores. She looked at me at the last moment and jerked the wheel. She did not look the least bit phased. I WAS!!!!

As a driver, I saw endlessly stupid and dangerous moves by pedestrians and drivers. I saw more than usual. Is everyone really in that much of a hurry? Is it worth endangering your own life and lives of others just to get somewhere a few moments faster. It is not a good way to get on the six o'clock news.

Please, SLOW DOWN!!!! And use your turn signals.

No comments:

Post a Comment